Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Old Friends

Things have been going very well this week. We started to teach our second investigator. His name is Francis. He seems excited to hear the gospel but it sounds like it will be hard to get him to follow up on his commitments because he is busy with work and family. Christine is going well but we have ran into a word of wisdom problem. We are now trying to work it out. It seems like every week I see someone that I knew that has just entered the MTC. This week, I ran into a old scout camp friend. Her name is Sister Allred. She is going to the Paris France mission and is joining Sister Stapley there. I also ran into a tennis buddy. Elder Wes Brown is here and he is going to the Dallas Texas Mission. It is amazing to see how many people I know and to see them pressing forward to preach the gospel. It is good that you could sell my car. I am sorry to hear that the Miller's haven't heard from Braiden yet. I hope they have by now. He seems like he is doing great.

Being here has been so good spiritually. I have grown a lot and have learned a lot. This week I have been studying Jesus the Christ and was reading chapter 20. It has a lot of good stuff if anyone gets the time to read it.

 Happy Thanksgiving to all!!! We are going to be doing humanitarian service here by making some kind of kits. I don't know what kind yet. We saw a film about the humanitarian service being done at NYC. It is amazing how many went to go help. It was great to see that the church could prepare so many people by their service.

 I love you all. I strive to keep the spirit. I pray that you can have the spirit in your life.

Love,

Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment