Friday, July 11, 2014

Surprise Transfer

Well, I have something to tell you . . . I was transferred on Tuesday so I don't know how the investigators are doing in Bacolod 2nd even though I am right next door in Alijis (All-eh-he's). Sorry trying to help you pronounce it.
I was shocked when I got the call on Monday during a family home evening that I was being transferred so it was interesting and very unexpected.
I am in a good area. My companion is Elder Monzales. He is from Isabella, same place as Elder Lapitan and Elder Bermudez. I am follow-up training him right now and am a district leader of 10, 2 elders (us) and 8 sisters. It is going to be an adjustment for sure.
Our area is pretty small but we do good work. Our next planned baptism is July 19. Her name is Anafe. She has a strong testimony of the gospel. She was suppose to be this week but we moved it to give time to finish teaching the lessons to her because we have quite a bit more to do. The next planned on is Sister Droa. She is very strong in the gospel. She is to be baptized on August 2. She loves what we teach and is willing to go all the way. We also have some strong investigators. Pamela Teruel is a good investigator. She just needs to get married for baptism. Her two kids just got baptized last week so we are just waiting for them to process their papers. They went one day but there was a big line so they didn't wait. We are also teaching Jona. She is really good. She loves to listen and is having great experiences in the Book of Mormon. We are just working on getting her to church for her to be baptized. She often attends another church with her cousin so we are working to get her to come to the church she knows is true.
After that we have a lot of potential. I will tell you more when I get to know the area better.
I am excited to serve here. I think it will be my last area so I am going to work hard. The members are willing and we are getting referrals so I think that it will all work out.
Just so you know, it is very rainy here. The last 3 days, it has just been pouring water. It is crazy and hard for our area because there are rivers and they have flooded because of all the rain. It is ok. We are making it and it isn't causing to many problems.
Love you all,
Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment