Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Extremely Busy Week

This week was extremely busy for us. We didn't get to do a lot of teaching though because Monday is preparation day, Tuesday was district meeting, Wednesday we went to Bacolod for training, Thursday we had a couple missionary come to check out Punta Salong to see if we can put missionaries in that area, Friday we got to work all day, Saturday was the baptism, and Sunday was church. It was really busy.

 The baptism went very well. It was a good experience. Elder Bermudez baptized for the second time in his mission and I baptized the first. Elder Bermudez has lots of baptisms but they would choose his companion because they were American. Elder Bermudez baptized Sister Negad and I baptized her daughter, Leonalyn. It was very spiritual.

As far as investigators, we had a weird week. We saw Elmer again and he was asking about his baptism. We weren't sure he would talk to us again. He really wants to so we invited him to the baptismal service but when we went to pick him up, he was sleeping so he didn't go to that. He wasn't home to go to church because he had work. We didn't teach Edmon and Felix this week because Felix was busy when we went there. We hoped they would come to church but they didn't show. We were happy though because Sister Ansaldo came to church!!!! It was exciting because she is a longtime investigator. She knows the importance of church but hasn't come but she came. We had a powerful lesson with her right before Sunday. We expressed our feelings about church attendance. We think that was what touched her. Jaymark and Nono, I don't remember if I wrote about them, work at a crab plant owned by a member. They know the gospel is true. They really want to learn. They know the Book of Mormon is true. This week we will invite them to church. We hope that they will come.

Training was really good. President Lopez taught us about our role in bringing people to Christ. I didn't realize how important we were. We are the only ones that can bring people to the path so they can return. Nobody else can. It puts a lot of weight on us.

I love you all. Work hard and remember Jesus Christ and his atonement.

Elder Nielsen

PS. I forgot some stuff. It has been really hot this week. We haven't had any rain. It is the dry season right now. We get little rain.

The language is coming. I am understanding more and more and sometimes I find myself speaking without thinking about what I am saying in English. That means that I am getting fluent!!! I am working to get better. I think that I will be training soon. That is what President wants and he says that all or almost all will train next transfer. I am nervous but I know enough to train. I love you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment