Tuesday, March 26, 2013

It Is Hot In The Philippines

Last week went pretty good. It has been really hot though.

This week is transfers. I might be starting to train. I will find out Wednesday night what will happen. It sounds like we aren't getting more missionaries for Punta Salong right now because there is no place to put them. We are going to look at places today but I think that it is too late.

This week we did a lot of teaching. We taught Edmon. He is progressing but didn't make it to church this Sunday even though we had some tricycles go to Punta Salong to pick up the people there. Brother Baldos is still progressing. He is praying to get an answer if the Book of Mormon is true. He hasn't got an answer yet but he keeps on praying. We picked up some investigators there this week. Part of the Ortega family isn't members so we are teaching them. One of them is really excited about us teaching them. Her name is Renelyn. She likes the gospel and is telling everyone to come listen to us. Brother Negad wants to be baptized. We started to teach him. He wasn't able to come to church this week but he says next week. Most of our effort is going to Punta Salong right now. There is a lot of potential there. We were looking at all our investigators and found out we have over 30 right now! We are hoping to commit them to baptisms.

For exchanges, the senior companion goes with the district leader and junior companions are together. If it is a district leader, he goes to the zone leaders' area and one of the zone leaders come to the district leader's area. Since Elder Bermudez is district leader, I go to a lot of areas. I learn a lot from these exchanges. This week I went to the Victorias 2 area. I was the senior companion. It was a good experience and I learned what it is like to be the senior companion. It will help later.

I am doing great. I am happy, healthy and love the work. The Philippines is great and very hot. The people are fun to be around and they are always positive.

I love you all,


Elder Nielsen

PS did I mention it is hot here?

1 comment:

  1. I know you can't see this, but will post anyway. You haven't seen nothing yet as far as the heat. Just wait until July-August when it REALLY gets hot and humid. Fun, fun, fun !!

    ReplyDelete