Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Bacolod City!


Hello from Bacolod proper!!!

That is right, I am now in the Bacolod 2nd Ward in the Bacolod Stake. Just a funny fact, there is a Sister Nielsen assigned to the same ward and we have another Sister Nielson in the zone. I am still a zone leader.

Before I get started, I got your letter with Ben's. Thanks, it was really nice to get.

My new companion is Elder PaaƱo. He is from Marakina City, Manila. He is really good. I am looking forward to some good times with him.

This week was packing and then going to a few members before transferring. It was hard because the Lord started that area progressing while I was there. I was a great area and lots of miracles happened there. I hope that it continues to produce good results.

After that is off to the new area. I like it here in the city. I don't have to wash my laundry, there is American food, and there is so much support here in the city. Did I mention that there was American food?!!!

I don't know the people very well yet especially we haven't gone to church at our building due to stake conference but I will tell you about some of them that I do remember. We are teaching 2 kids, Aladdin and Aldrin. They are super smart and there mom and siblings are members. We gave them a date for March 22 to be baptized. We are looking towards that. They both like to call me "Good boy." Then we are teaching Mitoy. She is a house help at one of our members. She is really good and like to listen to the gospel. She is really shy but knows the gospel. We are looking at March 22 for her as well. We have a recent convert that lived in London, England for 22 years. She is really cool! It is fun to visit her and talk some English but she also helps me with my Ilonggo now that I have to learn it again. We also have a great recent convert named, Salvie Villaflor. Her husband had a stroke so he can't walk very well but she is super active. They are both good and they keep telling me that I speak Tagalog but I don't know it very well.

That is about I can tell you right now. I am looking for a great week. I am zone leader still so we have a meeting on Tuesday and will train on Wednesday. I think we can still do good. We taught about 66 lessons this week so we are going for higher this next week.

Love you lots,

Elder Nielsen

PS We have a huge apartment because we host a lot of missionaries for meetings in Bacolod. It is really good but I need to clean it up. It will take me a while to get it ship shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment