Monday, May 27, 2013

Hoping To See More Progression

This week was ok. We wish we could have taught more but that was the way it was. This week all of the baptisms fell through =(. Nixie didn't make it to church because of the funeral of her grandma. We will see if they will let that slide of not. So we don't know if we have a baptism on the 8th or not. Johnjohn and Mitch didn't make it to church this week. We don't know why but we will try to go them this week. Sister Joy is still coming to church. We found out this week that she doesn't want to marry so it is sad. That is the only thing that is stopping her from being baptized. We will continue to teach her and try to help her see the importance of marriage. Jay-r is still progressing but he didn't come to church again. I was hoping to see his baptism but I might not now because the soonest he can be baptized I will probably be transferred. All the other investigators are about the same. We are hoping to see more progression in them soon.

Let me share some about what I studied this week during my personal study time. This week I studied a lot about Christ's life here. I learned that we need to bold when we teach, that is all the members of the church. He didn't shy away from the trials in his life but he faced them no matter how hard they were or who presented the trial. We should stand for what is right and with the Lord we can overcome all. I also learned that all members can teach with power like Christ did if they follow the commandments and have faith in Christ. Our enemies won't be able to overcome us if we do the will of the Father.

Sorry this is short again. I would write more but I don't know what to write. This was a very slow week for us.

I love you all,

Elder Nielsen

PS Missionaries can now write anyone. If people want to write me by e-mail they can at jacob.nielsen1@myldsmail.net

 Brother Negad's baptism last week

No comments:

Post a Comment